26 April 2014

Weekend Recap








Everyone's making kale pesto lately, but I prefer to mix it up by tossing this kale salad from Smitten Kitchen (minus the cherries and goat cheese) in the food processor to spread on my linguine.










Pressure cooker quickie: toss in 1 garlic clove, 1 cup dried green split peas, 5 cups water, teaspoon herbes de Provence, teaspoon salt, 2 tablespoons chopped sundried tomatoes, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, and black pepper to taste.  Cook 8 minutes and allow to release naturally.  French-inspired split pea soup!  I like to drizzle a little olive oil on top of each bowl cuz I'm a piggie.


And some brilliant ideas I've enjoyed this week from around the web...


It's a little early for gardening yet in the Rocky Mountains, but I'm excited to use this interactive map from Epicurious to help me cook in season.



This carrot-based concoction seems like a pretty delicious cocktail I'd like to try with some brunch on Sunday.



Pretty happy to see this old guy when I go running on the Platte River Parkway in Casper this weekend...

No comments:

Post a Comment