14 October 2011

Russian Beet Salad

What can I say? I love beets!  I know that's not as common as saying, "I love chocolate" or "I love sports" or whatever, but they really are good.  And easy to grow.  Give 'em a try.



Russian Beet Salad

Serves 4

4 medium beets
4 tablespoons olive oil
1 garlic clove, smashed and minced
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 cups thick plain yogurt
freshly ground black pepper to taste
handful fresh dill, chopped

Trim greens from beets and wash. Bring large pot of water to bowl and drop beets in; boil 25 minutes or until tender.  Allow to cool, remove skins and trim ends, and grate into a large bowl.  

In another bowl thoroughly combine all other ingredients and pour over grated beets.  Stir to combine and chill at least one hour. Serve cold.  

No comments:

Post a Comment