25 March 2016

Weekend links for a springy cocktail party!

Spring was both hilarious and tiring in the 90s.


Storm Regis sprinkled a little snow on us last weekend, but spring seems to have come back here in the Rockies, igniting everyone's fever anew. What do you do to celebrate the ability to sit outside looking like a J. Crew model? Drink and eat snacks while laughing hysterically, of course!  You may have to bundle up a little, and your mitten may leave a bit of lint on your canapes, but one can still dream...

Drinks...


This blushing whiskey sour is lighter on the whiskey and freshened up with lemon and berries, and it is divine.

Confectionalism.com is clearly run by mad geniuses, and this Coconut Lavender Lemonade is the proof. I might spike mine with vodka, though...

Mint is always the first thing to come up in my garden, even through the lingering snow, so I know I'll be able to make these Cucumber-mint Martinis very soon.

Snacks...


I LOVE the kale and sunflower seed dip here for scraping my veggies and crackers through.

These spinach balls  look amazing, and although I have not yet made them, I want you to know about them right now.

Apricot and goat cheese make great friends in these quick canapes from cookthestory.com.

Come on, these cucumber cups from Lemons and Anchovies are adorable! For the record, I fill mine with hummus and sprinkle with cayenne, however.


No comments:

Post a Comment