02 November 2012

Breakfast Rice Pudding

As you read this post, I am in the midst of teaching and performing in Brazil for 10 days, but thanks to the magic of scheduled blogging, I am sharing this most un-Brazilian of recipes with you.  When I get back (and get over my jetlag, and possible rum hangover), I'll tell you everything, I promise.  

Breakfast Rice Pudding

…and the secret ingredient is tofu!  Tofu haters love this pudding, and when you tell them it’s in there after they have taken a bite and raved about it, the look of betrayal on their faces is so precious.

Makes 6 servings

1 8oz. carton tofu (I use soft, but whatever you have in the pantry is fine)
½  cup vanilla almond milk
¼ cup raw honey
2 cups cooked brown rice
½ teaspoon nutmeg
½ teaspoon ground cloves
1 teaspoon cardamom
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground ginger
Add-ins: chopped nuts, raisins, dates, apricots…

Place tofu, milk, honey, and spices in blender and process until smooth.  Transfer to a bowl and stir in the rice, nuts and dried fruit of your choice.  Keep for 1 week in the refrigerator.

Some combinations I like…walnuts + raisins; pistachios + dried cherries; cashews + apricots



No comments:

Post a Comment