31 August 2012

Buttered Garlic-Mushroom Pasta

This is my re-creation of the meal that saved my life in Vegas (OK, I'm probably being a bit dramatic): I was broke and hadn't eaten for over 12 hours when the delivery man of my dreams brought me a huge, greasy pile of noodles before a very long and painful concert.  I haven't taken any liberties except to add the parsley for a bit of freshness--after all, it doesn't have to sit in your 1990 Honda Civic for 30 minutes before being eaten.



Buttered Garlic Mushroom Pasta

Serves 4

1 lb. fettuccine
2 tablespoons butter
6 cloves garlic, finely minced
12 oz. mushrooms (whatever you like), washed and cut into thick slices
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Handful Italian parsley, chopped

Bring heavily salted water to boil in a medium pot; cook fettuccine according package directions.

Meanwhile, place cold butter in a medium frying pan.  Heat over medium heat.  When butter is completely melted, add mushrooms and salt to taste.  Sauté until mushrooms are fully cooked, about 5 minutes.  Add garlic and cook just until fragrant, stirring occasionally, about 2 minutes.  Remove from heat.

Drain pasta and place in a serving bowl.  Pour mushroom sauce on top and add freshly ground black pepper to taste; toss to coat.  Sprinkle chopped parsley on top and serve.

1 comment:

  1. This looks so insanely good, just looking at this made me hungry!! I love all of these ingredients so when they're together in a dish, WOW!!!- Carolina
    http://lacucinaprimadona.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete