05 November 2010

I stole this guacamole from cable t.v., and I am not ashamed

I recently visited my parents, who, among many other wonderful traits, have cable t.v. And so, I was of course watching the Food Network’s “Best Things I Ever Ate”, which celebrated Cleveland’s Lopez Southwestern Grill for their crazy, insane-sounding guacamole with bleu cheese, bacon, and sage. And you know what came next . . . here is my non-meat version, and you know, even though it does sound insane, it’s our new go-to guacamole around the house.


The basics:

1 mashed avocado
1 teaspoon powdered cumin
1 large clove garlic, finely chopped
1 small jalapeno, finely chopped
1 small roma tomato, chopped
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1 teaspoon (or to taste) salt

Mix all above ingredients together. Then add:

2 strips Morningstar Breakfast Strips (or real bacon), cooked to extreme crispness and crumbled
6-8 fresh sage leaves, finely cut into strips (must use fresh—dried tastes too different)
1 teaspoon bleu cheese crumbles


I thought it sounded so wrong that I had to try it. And now I can’t make guacamole any other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment